Level 2 Field Services Engineer
Although this role has been advertised as Content + Cloud, please note that you would be employed by Mirus, one of the group’s companies.
We are looking for an experienced Site Based Cover Engineer to join our Mirus Team in Milton Keynes and attend client sites to cover for site-based service desk engineers when they are on annual leave, sick or training. To provide support to all onsite clients based in London, Tring, Luton, and Oxford.
Ensuring the smooth running of our client’s systems and network infrastructure ensuring they get maximum benefits from them. Activities may include:
- Hardware and software installations.
- Manage and work to internal and customer SLA’s, escalating any concerns.
- Create and maintain customer specific infrastructure documentation.
- End to end ownership of problem resolution.
- Managing client expectations through clear communications.
- Take responsibility for own continual professional development, ensuring up to date industry and technical knowledge.
- Onsite cover (Holiday/Sickness cover for site-based Engineers).
- Undertake all other reasonable requests.
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Creative, analytical problem solver with the ability to apply original and innovative thinking.
- Methodical approach suitable to resolution of client requirements.
- Able to manage changing workload and priorities.
- Able to work both within a team and using own initiative.
- Install, configure & troubleshoot issues using:
- All MS Windows Server Platforms
- All MS Windows Desktop Operating Systems
- All SBS Platforms
- All MS Exchange Technologies
- MS Office Products
- Apple Mobile Technologies
- Android & Windows Mobile Technologies
- PC/Server Hardware – upgrade, both hardware and firmware. Raid configurations, iLO/iDRAC
- Comms Cabinet Patching
- AD – configure sites and services, resolve issues.
- DNS – running through the DNS structure to ensure domain entries exist for DC’s, moving external DNS services around to different IP’s when internet changes.
- Group Policies – create, breakdown, troubleshoot issues.
- Firewalls & Routers – install, configure & troubleshoot.
- VMWare – Basic Skills
- SharePoint Administration
- Switch Administration
- Backup Software Technologies
- Office 365 Administration
- Azure – Basic Skills
Knowledge & Experience
- Previous years’ experience as a field base or service desk engineer supporting SME’s
- Experience of working in a customer facing role
- Familiar with working to SLA’s to meet both customer and contract requirements
- Working as part of a wider service delivery function.
- Supporting multi-site clients.
- Intermediate level of knowledge and application in:
- MS Windows Server Technologies
- Office 365 Administration
- Exchange Technologies
- Active Directory
- Firewalls, Router & VPN Technologies
- Office 365
- NAS & Storage Technologies
- Job Type: Permanent
- UK Onsite based
- 37.5 hours per week (Monday – Friday)
- Health Support
- Free financial wellbeing services, Training, Gym benefits and more
- 20 days holiday (raising by 1/2 day every 6 months of continuous service up to 25 days, excluding bank holidays)
- Multiple HIIT, general fitness, yoga and meditation classes run virtually each week! (In addition to other wellness events and other social activities.
- Continual development plans
Good luck and please bear in mind we receive a very high number of applications; we will endeavour to get back to all applicants, however, we thank you for understanding this is not always possible for unsuccessful applicants.
Content + Cloud is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent regardless of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or criminal history. As part of our compliance requirements, we do undertake background checks which, dependent on levels of security required for the role or client assignment, may include a criminal record check. Please do let us know if you would like more details on the level of checks for the specific role you are applying to.
We are happy to provide any reasonable adjustments you may need to ensure you feel you have the best experience across our selection process and future employment.