Senior Field Service Engineer
In this role you will attend client sites and perform break-fix maintenance for all reported issues. You will also respond to reactive issues and complete the successful installation of both software and hardware to meet client requirements.
To ensure the smooth running of our clients systems and network infrastructure ensuring they get maximum benefits from them. Activities may include:
- Hardware and software installations.
- Manage and work to internal and customer SLA’s, escalating any concerns.
- Create and maintain customer specific infrastructure documentation.
- End to end ownership of problem resolution.
- Managing client expectations through clear communications.
- Take responsibility for own continual professional development, ensuring up to date industry and technical knowledge.
- Undertake all other reasonable requests.
PLEASE NOTE: This role requires travel to client sites – 50 mile radius around Milton Keynes and potential travel to London as well
- Demonstrable experience as a field based engineer supporting SME’s.
- Experience of working in a customer facing role
- Familiar with working to SLA’s to meet both customer and contract requirements
- Working as part of a wider service delivery function.
- Supporting multi-site clients.
- MS Windows Server Technologies
- SBS Technologies
- Exchange Technologies
- Active Directory (Including Azure)
- Installation, config and troubleshooting – Firewalls, Router & VPN Technologies
- Office 365 Administration
- VMWare Administration
- NAS & Storage Technologies
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Creative, analytical problem solver with the ability to apply original and innovative thinking.
- Methodical approach suitable to resolution of client requirements.
- Able to manage changing workload and priorities.
- Able to work both within a team and using own initiative.
- Android & Windows Mobile Technologies
Skills and Experience
Install, configure & advanced troubleshooting of issues including:
- All MS Windows Server Platforms
- All SBS Platforms
- All MS Exchange Technologies
- Blackberry Messaging Technologies
- Apple Mobile Technologies
- PC/Server Hardware – upgrade, both hardware and firmware. Raid configurations, iLO.
- Comms Cabinet Patching
- AD – configure sites and services, resolve issues.
- Azure Environment, AAD, VPN, MDM, Server Admin
- DNS – running through the DNS structure to ensure domain entries exist for DC’s, moving external DNS services around to different IP’s when internet changes.
- Group Policies – create, breakdown, troubleshoot issues.
- Firewalls & Routers – install, configure & troubleshoot.
- VMWare – Advanced troubleshooting
- Firewalls – exposure to SonicWall a bonus
- SharePoint knowledge
- Websense – Administration
- Symantec Backup Exec – install, configure, set-up backups to tape and disk.
Values & Behaviours
- Teamwork: Communication, Respect, Honesty
- Improvement: Educating, Evolving, Analysing
- Community: Social Events, Culture, Charitable Endeavours