Senior Level 3 Service Desk Engineer
Although this role has been advertised as Content + Cloud, please note that you would be employed by Mirus, one of the group’s companies.
Meet customer requirements efficiently and strive to resolve client user issues by delivering the right solutions first time, on time, every time. Identification of recurring issues and trends. Problem ownership with clear, concise customer communication whilst managing expectations. Mentor and support colleagues through knowledge sharing and practical guidance.
Ensuring our client’s systems and network infrastructure smooth running, ensuring they get maximum benefits from them. Activities may include:
- Answering inbound calls within an agreed answer time (9 seconds)
- Log all customer issues, queries, and requests into the ticket management system.
- Provide Level 3 Server, Network, and Desktop Technical Support, diagnosing customer issues, and providing a high level of the first-time fix.
- To action Hardware configurations and software installations.
- Manage and work to internal and customer SLA’s, escalating any concerns.
- Create and maintain customer-specific infrastructure documentation.
- End to end ownership of problem resolution.
- Project management of service to clients from initial identification and documentation of requirements through to delivery.
- Managing client expectations through clear communications.
- Take responsibility for own continual professional development, ensuring up to date industry and technical knowledge.
- Undertake all other reasonable requests.
- On-call weekend work required on rotation
- Demonstrable previous experience as a senior service desk engineer supporting SME’s
- Experience of working in a customer-facing role
- Familiar with working to Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Microsoft Windows Server (Expert level)
- Microsoft Office 365 (Expert level)
- Microsoft Office Exchange (Expert level)
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Intune
- Active Directory
- Firewalls, Router & VPN Technologies
- Networking Technologies
- VMWare (Intermediate level)
Skills and Experience
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Creative, analytical problem solver with the ability to apply original and innovative thinking.
- A methodical approach is suitable for the resolution of client requirements.
- Able to manage to change workload and priorities.
- Able to work both within a team and to use own initiative.
- ITIL Foundation
*Please note this is a rotational out of hours / nightshift role and the hours for this role 40 – 45 hours per week (This will be a mixed early and late shift rotation, over 4 days on, 4 days off pattern – The shift times will be discussed at interview stage)