Senior Service Operations Engineer
Do you a enjoy working with back-up and anti-virus technology?
Is investigating recurring issues and writing scripts in PowerShell your passion?
If you have answered YES to the above, then the Senior Service Operations Engineer position with Mirus IT is perfect for you.
You will be an Engineer and part of the Service Operations Team based at the Mirus IT office in Wymbush, Milton Keynes (working from home until government guidelines change) who are responsible for ongoing support and development of our RMM tool (ConnectWise Automate).
You will be working with team colleagues and customers resolving service tickets relating to our Managed Backup (Datto), Managed Anti-Virus (Webroot), Managed Patching, Service based systems including but not limited to Cryptoblocker, Service Hub, IDAgent, Dark Web Monitoring, ConnectWise Automate etc.
For this you will have:
- A minimum of two years experience as a Senior Engineer supporting SME’s.
- Excellent understanding of Active Directory including user management and GPO’s, PowerShell/scripting and general IT security
- Experience of backup solutions and technologies.
- Experience of supporting Microsoft OS; Windows 7 upwards and Server 2008 upwards
- Understanding of automated patching
- Understanding of the management of Anti-Virus solutions
- Excellent understanding of Active Directory including scripting.
- Demonstrable experience of supporting Microsoft OS and Microsoft Server.
- Providing training for others on our RMM tool.
- Microsoft MCSA / MCSE
Desirable skills include:
- Experience using ConnectWise Automate.
- ITIL V3 Foundation.
- Installation, configuration and support of security solutions.
- First stage: This will be a 30 minute – 45-minute technical conversation over Teams video with the Lead Escalation Engineer.
- Second stage: Is a Teams video interview with the Head of Service Operations and the Service Delivery Director.
- Final stage: This is offer and agreement of a start date. Start day is usually a Monday @ 9:30am dependent on your availability.
As a services business, we don’t have a product to sell. The key to our success is the service that is delivered and therefore the people that deliver it.
The benefits that we offer are –
- Contributory pension scheme.
- A tailored professional and personal development plan.
- Receive up to 10 to 15 days training per annum, relevant to your position.
- When you join Mirus IT you will get your pick of our amazing company perks from Perkbox.
- Partner discounts.
- Support is just a phone call away with this valuable employee service that Mirus IT offer called EASE from Westfield Health.
- Free flu jab funded by Mirus.
- Free financial wellbeing advice and competitive loans. through the Neyber platform.
- Cycle2Work Scheme.
- Discounted personal Costco membership.
- Mtech Scheme (technology loans on discounted IT products.
- Free use of the on-site gym.
- Free tea/ coffee and squash.
- Free fruit.
- Work in attractive office space with plenty of free parking (when the office is reopened) – The Mirus IT office has: Pool, darts, ping pong, foosball table, American diner and think pods for those quiet times.
- The opportunity to take part in our regular events and activities outside of work. This is for charity or just for fun.
Thank you for taking the time to look into our company. People often ask, “What’s it like working at Mirus?”. Here at Mirus we feel we really do have the clichéd work hard, play hard culture with our team at the heart of what we do. We know that by looking after our team, they look after our customers and then we all benefit. Since Mirus was founded in 2002, there has been considerable growth and we now have over 100 colleagues.
In the last few years, along with other things like Perkbox membership and an Employee Assistance Programme, we have also introduced several new benefits to help our team grow and develop their careers with regular training.
If you have the qualities and experience listed above, then we would like to hear from you.