Service Desk Team Leader
Are you looking for an IT position that will challenge you technically every day on challenging escalations?
Do you want to work for an award-winning IT Support service company that is invested in your future?
Mirus IT are looking for a Service Desk Team Leader to work from our impressive and modern office in Wymbush, Milton Keynes.
To apply for this fantastic opportunity, you will need the following.
To manage a team of service desk engineers, ensuring support tickets are responded to within agreed SLA’s and engineers are mentored and developed.
Working with key stakeholders and business units, you are:
Ticket and Telephone
- Responsible for achieving agreed service levels, at both ticket and telephone level, at both team and individual level.
- Responsible for building relationships with customers, attending service reviews and onboardings, managing customer escalations.
- Responsible for ensuring all tickets within the team are analysed for urgency and impact and then prioritised and allocated accordingly and in line with agreed service levels.
- Responsible for managing the progression of allocated tickets, ensuring customer incidents and requests are being managed effectively.
- Responsible for developing a set of serviceable metrics to highlight individual and team performance and help develop a gamification environment of incentive, rewards, and recognition.
- Responsible for direct management of a team of Technical Engineers.
- Responsible for performance management of a team, including regular performance reviews at both team and individual level, highlighting areas for improved achievement, introducing performance development plans, and where necessary, managing disciplinary reviews.
- Responsible for developing a team of Technical engineers, including identifying skills gaps, creating skills matrices, developing, implementing a training programme at both team and individual level, and tangible reporting to show a service improvement link between the programme and individual performance.
- Responsible for inputting into the development of individual and team objectives and actioning annual objectives setting meetings, mid-year reviews, and end-of-year appraisals, including performance grading and salary recommendations.
- Responsible for the recruitment and selection of new team members.
- Responsible for owning and developing the knowledge base for the team and the supported customer base, ensuring that knowledge is documented and shared and that Champions are created. Their knowledge is shared and regularly reviewed to improve performance continuously.
- Responsible for maintaining your current technical knowledge, allocating time to understand and learn the technologies your team support to more detail, and allowing a better understanding of new tickets to ensure they are prioritised using the best possible technical understanding of the customer’s problem.
Process and Procedure
- Responsible for progressing major incidents, being the major incident manager, sending out regular updates and keeping the customer and the business informed on progress.
- Responsible for Root Cause Analysis documents to be created and published to the customer within the agreed SLA of 5 days post the closure of a major incident.
- Responsible for collating information and inputting into the formal complaints process.
- Responsible for actioning regular Problem Management within the team, from daily identification of common incidents that need to be converted into Problem tickets for Senior Engineers to investigate, through to monthly ticket trending and analysis with a drive to reduce hours spent on reactive service impacting tickets (measured through RHEM).
- Ensure a high standard of quality is always shown in communications sent by the Team Leader on behalf of Mirus.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven Experience in a Team Leader Role
- Proven Experience of Managing Teams of Technical Engineers
- Proven Experience of Developing and Implementing Individual Performance Plans
- Proven Experience in Recruitment and Selection
- Working as part of a wider service delivery function
- Demonstrated understanding of incident, problem, and change management, at ITIL Foundation level.
- Evidence of strong interpersonal skills for working with teams and individuals at all levels of the organisation.
- Self-motivated, pro-active and with the ability to drive project agendas
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to effectively form strong working relationships with all company stakeholders.
- Competent management of changing workload and priorities
- Able to work both within a team and using own initiative.
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Experience of managing tickets within a ticket handling system
- Experience with SharePoint
- Proficiency in MS Office suite incl. Visio
- Creative, analytical problem solver with the ability to apply original and innovative thinking
As a services business, we don’t have a product to sell. The key to our success is the service that is delivered and therefore the people that deliver it.
The benefits that we offer are –
- An industry matching salary.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- A tailored professional and personal development plan.
- Receive up to 10 days of training per annum, relevant to your position.
- Fully funded Open University degree.
- Employee share ownership scheme.
- When you join Mirus IT you’ll get your pick of our amazing company perks from Perkbox.
- Support is just a phone call away with this valuable employee service that Mirus IT offer called EASE from Westfield Health.
- Free financial wellbeing advice and competitive loans through the Neyber
- Free flu jab
- Cycle2Work Scheme.
- Discounted personal Costco membership.
- Mtech Scheme (technology loans on discounted IT products).
- Free use of the on-site gym.
- Work in attractive office space with plenty of free parking – The Mirus IT office has: Pool, darts, ping pong, American diner and think pods for those quiet times. Look around by visiting our website.
- On-site weekly boot camp funded by Mirus IT.
- Take part in our regular events and activities outside of work.
- First stage: This will be a 30 minute – 45 minute Teams video interview with the Head of Service Desk.
- Second stage: Teams video interview with the Head of Service Desk and the Service Delivery Director followed by a presentation to them (this will cover objectives provided to you ahead of the interview day).
- Final stage: This is the offer and agreement of a start date. Start day is usually a Monday @ 10:00 am dependent on your availability and the government guidelines that are in place during the pandemic.
About Mirus IT
Mirus IT Solutions is an award-winning business IT services company based in Milton Keynes and was founded in 2002. The focus of Mirus IT is to provide IT support in London, Milton Keynes and the surrounding areas. You will be part of a committed IT Services company providing high quality IT services. The aim is to provide the level of support a business would expect to receive from an internal IT support team.