On-Site Service Desk Technician – Oxford
Do you want an IT job where you will learn every day?
Is your passion in IT working with the latest Microsoft technologies?
If you have answered yes, then the Mirus On-site IT Service Desk Technician position based at our client’s site in Oxford is the perfect career choice for you.
The On-site Service Desk Technician will be a part of the Service Desk Team that is managed on-site, by Rob Kirk.
The key responsibility for the On-site Service Desk Technician to provide technical software, hardware and network problem resolutions for the onsite client.
Activities may include:
- Provide Level 1 Technical Support, diagnosing customer issues, and providing a high level of first-time fix.
- Log, and investigate customer tickets, where possible applying a permanent fix or an agreed workaround to restore service.
- End to end ownership of a customer ticket, identifying the underlying cause and managing the implementation of a permanent solution, escalating to the service desk as necessary.
- Manage and work to internal and customer SLAs, escalating any concerns.
- Work closely with the customer to maintain and support the infrastructure and the customer’s tickets effectively.
- A minimum of 18 months of commercial experience supporting SMEs.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Familiar with working to SLAs & KPIs to meet customer requirements.
- Windows 8/10 support.
- Office 365 – email support and supporting the office application suite (Word, Excel, Outlook etc).
- Active Directory (creating users).
- Windows Server support.
- Mac Support – You must be able to add users etc.
- Meraki switches and firewalls
- Slack application
- Microsoft Defender
- An MCP/MCSE/MCITP/MCSA qualification would be desirable but not essential as training is provided.
- First stage: This will be a 30-minute technical conversation with a Senior Engineer.
- Second stage: Will be a Teams video interview with the the Service Delivery Manager.
- Third stage: A Teams video interview with the Service Delivery Manager and Service Delivery Director.
- Fourth stage: This is a meeting with the client and see offices where you will be working.
- Final stage: This is offer and agreement of a start date.
Start day is usually a Monday @ 9:30 am dependent on your availability and government guidelines at the time around Covid-19.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- A tailored professional and personal development plan.
- Receive up to 10 to 15 days training per annum, relevant to your position.
- When you join Mirus IT you’ll get your pick of our amazing company perks from Perkbox.
- Partner discounts.
- Support is just a phone call away with this valuable employee service that Mirus IT offer called EASE from Westfield Health.
- Free flu jab funded by Mirus.
- Free financial wellbeing advice and competitive loans. through the Neyber platform.
- Cycle2Work Scheme.
- Discounted personal Costco membership.
- Mtech Scheme (technology loans on discounted IT products).
- Variety of free breakfast options.
- Wide range of free refreshments.
- Regular knowledge feasts and team lunches.
- The opportunity to take part in our regular events and activities outside of work. This is for charity or just for fun – check out the Mirus Challenges on our blog.
If you have the qualities and experience listed above, then we would like to hear from you.