Working at Mirus
Since Mirus was founded in 2002, it’s grown from a humble, three-man operation to a renowned UK MSP with over 100 colleagues – and growing! Over the years, we’ve introduced a wealth of workplace benefits for our staff, covering learning, leisure and wellbeing. Whether at home or at work, we’re always finding new ways to make our team feel valued.
Our culture is why our clients love us, and why our teams love working here. From community events, charity initiatives or regular communal celebrations, we value our award-winning services as much as the people that make them possible.
For Mirus staff, the only way is up. We want our people to form long-lasting, meaningful IT careers that take them from strength to strength. With opportunities for on-the-job learning and our own upskilling initiatives, that’s exactly what we provide.
Because Mirus was built from the ground up, we understand the importance of valuing and respecting one another. Honesty, trust, transparency, and fairness among employees is key to our success and growth, with each individual helping to keep the “Mirus Machine” turning.
Quality service is at the heart of everything we do. Our Service Addiction programme trains all of our Service Desk Engineers in outstanding customer service, with our service heroes recognised every month via our various reward schemes.
What does Mirus offer employees?
- Legal & General Pension – 5% min. employee contribution and 3% max. employer contribution
- Group Income Protection – covering 75% of your salary for up to 2 years
- Group Life Insurance – covering 3x your annual basic salary in the event of death
- Exam Success Reward – A £250 payment for exam passes, in technical areas such as Microsoft, VMware or similar
- On-Site Gym – Available free of charge for all employees to use
- Employee Assistance Programme – provided by Westfield Health and includes a 24/7 telephone counselling line and offers advice on issues such as stress, family difficulties, money management, relationships, depression, bereavement, legal and more. It also includes up to 6 face-to-face counselling sessions or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) should your telephone counsellor deem CBT more suitable.
- Perkbox – an online platform that offers a range of employee perks, including everyday savings, regular freebies, health and wellbeing perks and discounts from popular brands.
- Healthcare Cash Plan – where you can claim cash back on the cost of a variety of medical services, such as dental, optical, health screenings and wellbeing treatments
- Personal Development Days – you get two of these per year and you can decide how you would like to grow, and these can be for personal or professional development
- Ride-to-Work Scheme – save up to 42%, pay nothing up front and spread the cost of your new bike and/or kit in equal monthly instalments taken from your salary before deductions
Please note, a number of these benefits become available only once you have passed your probation period, more details will be available upon joining the business. If you are working on a fixed-term contract, a number of these benefits will be pro-rata to the period that you are with us.
Recruitment Agency Policy
Mirus IT has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We do, however, work with a defined list of preferred suppliers who may be invited to support us in sourcing candidates for particular roles. This list is historic and will never change. We will only go outside of this list by sourcing alternative agencies ourselves. We only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the Mirus IT Recruitment or Senior Management team to assist in a recruitment project.
We do not pay agency fees, where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to Mirus IT or Mirus IT colleagues by any means, other than through our recruitment portal. Where this is not observed, Mirus IT reserves the right to contact these candidates directly and initiate discussions without payment of any agency fee. Submission of any unsolicited CVs and proposals to Mirus IT will be deemed evidence of full and unlimited acceptance of this Agency policy.
The latest news from the MTeam and the industry at large. Subscribe to the Mirus IT blog for regular product updates, reports, guides, events and industry news.
Digital Revolution 2.0
Leveraging technology, engaging users and innovating your approach The Digital Revolution 2.0 virtual event is an elevated online experience that.../ More
What are the risks of tape backup?
Magnetic tape was once the favourite solution for data backup purposes – and even in the wake of cloud and hybrid backup, it remains so.../ More